|Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Creams (Top - Bottom): Par-ee, Tok-i-o, Ny-cee|
I recently received 3 of the 5 available shades of the NEW Australis Velourlips (pictured above) and wanted to let you know how I've been enjoying them- they get a HUGE thumbs up!
The shades shown in the picture above are from top: Par-ee, Tok-i-o, and Ny-cee. There is also a bright pink and a bright coral available to round out the set of 5 that should be coming to a Priceline / Kmart near you soon for $9.95 each.
I love that these are so similar to the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams (with the red even reminding me of the Lime Crime Velveteens)-
- the shades are opaque
- they apply easily with a doe-foot applicator
- apply as a mousse-like consistency
- they set to a fully matte finish after 5 minutes
- relatively long lasting, but will disappear from the centre of your mouth, necessitating reapplication
- may be drying / too matte for some (not for me!)
- can be mixed with glosses and balms
- can be mixed with each other for different colour combinations
- great colour range
Unlike Lime Crime and Nyx (until very recently whereby Nyx will now be found in Target Australia stores nation-wide) they are very easily accessible and at $AU9.95 don't burn a huge hole in your pocket. Many Pricelines are still yet to get stock in, and they are very quickly selling out. Stay patient and you'll be able to have a play soon!
What's your favourite colour from the range?
- Jodi xo